- This event has passed.
TRAINING // WP H – Communication, Dissemination and Dialogue
Call for Applications: The application is now closed!
Download the Call for Application document > HERE <
The call for the first WP-H “Communication, Dissemination and Dialogue” training session is now open. This upcoming training will take place in Cape Town, South Africa, 10 February 2023 (In ENGLISH).
The geoscience communication training session will enable the trainees to apply their training to develop a suite of communication products. The training will be interactive with wide arrange of communication activities and discussions.
The training session will cover:
• Theories and types of communication
• Constructivism and the importance of engagement in communication
• Writing, use of graphics/images, communicating statistics/numbers
• Communication through social media, press releases and science policy
• Narrative in science communication: the use and effectiveness of it
• Identifying the audience and using targeted communication
• Techniques for engaging with non-technical audiences
• Understanding the role of emotion in communication.
During the training session, participants must develop a communication product of their own related to their geological survey. The training session is organised jointly by the Organisation of African Geological Surveys (OAGS) and EuroGeoSurveys (EGS).
The overall objective is to train the participants through theory and practice on science communication. By the end of the course, the participant will be more effective with their communication and have the knowledge on key elements of effective communication and how to practically use them.
In order to be considered, applicants for the PanAfGeo-2 Training Session entitled WP-H “Communication, Dissemination and Dialogue” must complete the documents listed hereafter:
– Passport Copy (valid for at least six months after from the date of entry into South Africa).
These documents will be requested during the online registration (files to be uploaded in PDF format only on the portal). The applications should be submitted solely on the portal and not be sent directly to the training leaders.Register here
The deadline for applications is 16 December 2022 at 24:00 GMT.
To be able to follow the proposed training and fully benefit from the knowledge and skills delivered during the course, the applicants must justify the required education and experience level as follows:
• Good knowledge of English
• Basic computer skills (Microsoft tools)
• Some knowledge of online communication, writing and science communications
• Some experience presenting results to different types of audiences
• Knowledge of geology (recommended).
For more information about this training session, please contact:
> Krishnan Subramani Ramakrishnan (EGS) firstname.lastname@example.org
> Ndivhuwo Mukosi (Council for Geoscience/OAGS): email@example.com